Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Chapter 93 - A Day in RWC

Honoring my pledge to devote my life to brevity (in my blogs only) and to limit the size of and the time span covered in my Universally Acclaimed Smilin' Jack Blogs, I present to you an out-of-order but one-day only Chapter.

Hooah!!

And it begins with this . . . I am a delicious and delectable experience in sartorial splendor captured with . . . MY Selfie Stick!! Hahahaha, who needs a friend when you have a Selfie Stick, right!?!

I am modeling, for the first-time ever, my handy-dandy, bought ON the Route, Route 66 Hawaiian Shirt. If you look closely you will also notice that I have on, under my handy-dandy, bought ON the Route, Route 66 Hawaiian Shirt, my One-In-Three, Coolest of the Cool, #70on66 T-Shirt, too.

Hahahaha, I DO know how to accessorize.

Lookin' good, Smilin' Jack!!


I realize, as I reread the first few paragraphs, that brevity comes in many forms. You'll just have to accept my form of it.

And, Away We Go!! We're off, in the Miniest of all Minis, MY Mini, to go to the movies.


Quick!! To the RWC Cinema!!

What a place!! Two stories with a parking garage underneath and concession stands around every corner. It's a marvel. It's an experience. And it's where we gathered to view, during this Season of Holidays, The Grinch!!


(I am being a model of aphorism, aren't I!?!)

Moody Max, as he gathers his emotions for the upcoming thriller . . . about the Grinch's Christmas Miracle. You don't get the idea of how busy this place was from this photo. It was crowded!! Ah, Trump's America where NO ONE has fun or lives a normal life.


OK, it's been an idea I've toyed with for a long time. This, however, was not the camera for the project I have been considering but, hey!! We were there and the thought occurred to me and, WHAM!! I did it.

I've wanted to do a series of pictures I call "Shooting from the Hip." Where I would hold my camera by my side (along my hip, get it!?!), and either shoot at random as I walk through a city street or some similar venue or have the camera set to take pictures at 10 or 15-second intervals.

A kind of catch as catch can form of photography. I've considered this for one of my projects. 

Someday.


But today I played with the idea as we were entering the sacred Inner Chambers of the Cinema.

Just a little.


And even though I knew it would be a useless picture, I still took it and, more importantly, I still put it into my Blog.

A shot of the crew as we prepared for our Entertainment Treat.

Love the Selfie Stick!!


And it was so nice, I shot it twice.

'Nuff said.


I think we should call this the "Selfie Chronicles". 

The first shot was less than stellar but, well, Amy, Quinn, Sandy and I look Mahvelous, Darling!!


And so I had them do a Round Two, as it were, of the same scene and this time everyone cooperated.

Yeah, we're cool!!


I do, despite my griping about how expensive everything is, really like the downtown area of Redwood City. It's like a FantasyLand kinda place.


Everyone loves the camera . . . when they're in the mood for it.



After some serious movie-watching a short walk with some sight-seeing is in order. And I wisely decided I would be better served if I just stayed outside and enjoyed the Autumn Air in the city with the "Climate Best by Government Test".


The moral here is this is what you get with an idle Jackie who has a camera.

Again, 'Nuff said.


So we're ambling along towards the Marvelous Mini when I ran across this Fine Fellow enjoying the sun and wearing a . . . The Grinch t-shirt.

How wild is that, eh!?! We see the movie and then see the shirt!!


The climate was the best. And by 'climate' I mean, 'weather'. And it was great. Everyday. Even when it rained. 


But paradise is under siege. With already crowded roads and no signs of any kind of improvement to the infrastructure, the money-grabbers continue to knock down history and build apartment buildings.

It's gonna be a bit crowded, y'all.


Rumbling along, working off all that buttered popcorn, we happened along a series of posters for one of the many boutique restaurants there in downtown RWC. The first ones were of ice cream creations along the lines of this . . . y'know, a waffle filled with all kinds of treats.

Then we came to this one. I wanted it. Two words, bacon and cheese.

I'm there. I'd totally do that!!


Oops!! Tried to do something resembling gymnastics and took the tumble.

Shook it off and soldiered on!!


How cool is this!?! It's like a shop in Ireland. Just cool and so here it is.

I was secretly wishing I were here with my seriously bigger camera and more time and less people. Y'know, for a photo shoot. But, hey!! I was happy to be wandering about with my people, too!!

And I got in it, too.


Ah, there are limitations with the little camera. Just an interesting juxtaposition of leaves and color.

And then the Littles discovered the leaves and . . .


. . . it was confetti time!!


How cool is this!?! A 1895 storefront. Kudos to the owners for not screwing it up and to the city for not knocking it down and building an apartment in its place.


Ah, RWC knows how to cater to the idle rich . . . outdoor drinking in a semi-comfortable adirondack chairs. It's the weather, Baby.


Having fun with Howie. Mom has just broken out the Christmas Boxes filled with decorations and such.


And Sandy asked for this shot. The two Brides in the center of the crew. For her to use. I am, if nothing else, always helpful . . . and flexible.

She asks and I deliver.


And thus ends a day of fun. Well, there was a lot of good eating and conversation and this and that in there, too. 

Good times!!


HOOAH!!





























1 comment:

  1. See, that wasn’t so bad! And you are right, your fork of brevity is a little different than others, but still good! Nice job catching the tumble. ��

    ReplyDelete